Micro gear pump experiment

General discussion about CAD software and drawing techniques.
admin
Site Admin

Micro gear pump experiment

Postby admin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:54 pm

On request, this is an experimental gear pump made for a CN10 micro DC-motor. I had a box full of old small scrapped DC-motors and this is a pure trial'n'error-experiment. I did not get this version to work, but it might not have been the pumps fault actually.

On a later iteration I discovered that the water surface tention is so strong that even when the pump is submerged, it's not given that ti starts pumping. It still continued to rev, but if water was forced into it, it started pumping. However, I discovered this after designing a whole new impeller based pump so I haven't tested this one in that way.

The house is made for 1,6mm screws, and 1mm motor shaft. I used a piece of piano wire as second shaft. I used short pieces of aluminium tube 3,2mm OD as hose attachment.

I *think* this motor will fit, no guarantees though: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-N10-Dual- ... SwcgNZDUp-
Attachments
pump_house.stl
(119.71 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
pump_gear.stl
(28.79 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
pump_base.stl
(92.17 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
IMG_3546.jpg
IMG_3546.jpg (106.48 KiB) Viewed 747 times
IMG_3544.jpg
IMG_3544.jpg (67.58 KiB) Viewed 747 times

joseamirandavelez

Re: Micro gear pump experiment

Postby joseamirandavelez » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:06 am

Do you intend to use this in the boat?
José Miranda
Prusa i3 MK2 MM
Miranda Observatory

admin
Site Admin

Re: Micro gear pump experiment

Postby admin » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:34 pm

I guess you've already seen, but if someone else reads, yes. The latest version of the pump is used to pump cooling water for the motors.

Because of the fact that the pump is probably overkill for most people to put in the boat, I've published it on thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2771937
There you have the latest version.