Johannes Agera "RSR"-bygge

Build forum for the fully 3D-printed Koenigsegg Agera RS in scale 1/10
admin
Site Admin

Re: Johannes Agera "RSR"-bygge

Postby admin » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:23 am

I haven't seen that one, and that is actually really nice. Just a pity it's so low resolution, and I wonder what material it's based on if there is no officially released true scale drawings? have someone just eyeballed it as close as they could? :)
Would be super cool if I could get something with higher resolution! I'm also hoping for some blog posts with pictures of the production later, that's super helpful! :D

JohannesaGunnarson

Postby JohannesaGunnarson » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:40 am

admin wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:23 am
I haven't seen that one, and that is actually really nice. Just a pity it's so low resolution, and I wonder what material it's based on if there is no officially released true scale drawings? have someone just eyeballed it as close as they could? :)
Would be super cool if I could get something with higher resolution! I'm also hoping for some blog posts with pictures of the production later, that's super helpful! :D
You can buy the files in a lot of formats on the website I linked for 20 euro. I guess it has better resolution then. I am more than willing to pay if you want to model the Jesko 😉

But I am unsure what the drawing is based on. It will be interesting to compare if we can access the "real ones".

JohannesaGunnarson

Postby JohannesaGunnarson » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:09 pm

New quick update and 2 quick tips for other builders ;)

I have printed a new rear hood. This time I will try a product that I have which is XTC3D. It is a 2-part epoxy wich you apply directly to the print with a brush. It is a quick way to get a good finish. You can paint directly on the epoxy but since I want a better result I will sand and apply filler.

Here is a picture of how the rear hood looked after XTC3D application and some sanding on one side:

Another thing that I have done is to do some test on the "scrap" rear hood that I now have after the warping issues. I wanted to get an even better paint finish, so I tried to wet sand the clear coat from 1200 to 5000 grit, and then polish it with some car polishing compound. This really made a massive difference on the finish! I thought it was good before, but this is pretty much a perfect paint finish with perfect reflections. So I will sand down the other panels and do the same treatment to them. It is worth the extra work :D

Before polishing (after sanding):

After polishing (the same camera settings and no filters):

The paint really does have the same depth to it IRL. So if you are going to paint your model I can recommend to polish it afterwards.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:47 pm

Fantastic result! does not seem to warp in the edges yet at least, if it does it might help to put a thin layer of glass fiber and epoxy on the inside to force it to hold the right shape.

Qwuille

Postby Qwuille » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:23 pm

Amazing! There should be a "like" button 🤣👍

morbror_pk

Postby morbror_pk » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:32 pm

JohannesaGunnarson wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:40 am
admin wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:23 am
You can buy the files in a lot of formats on the website I linked for 20 euro. I guess it has better resolution then. I am more than willing to pay if you want to model the Jesko 😉

But I am unsure what the drawing is based on. It will be interesting to compare if we can access the "real ones".
I beleive they are not based on real plans at least. Probably hands on measurements or photo manupilation ive seen an original plan for their door hinges for an older model a couple of years ago and that was stamped with top secret

Qwuille

Offtopic Jesko drawings.

Postby Qwuille » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:44 pm

Still trying to get a hold on a drawing for you.
I could throw some awesome stuff towards your way, but then I would be without a job (and I love my job 😁 ).
So trying to get valid, officially approved images to you, even if they are ok to give to you, I believe they would still prefer that they are for your eyes only.
I will know more as soon as I get an answer, but will try to push it on Monday! 👍

Sorry for hijacking your thread Johannes!