Johannes Agera "RSR"-bygge

Build forum for the fully 3D-printed Koenigsegg Agera RS in scale 1/10
admin
Site Admin

Re: Johannes Agera "RSR"-bygge

Postby admin » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:05 am

That looks fantastic! I'm glad you continue to post here, as I prefer to keep all information about builds in one place and facebook is not good at information structure for long-lasting projects.

JohannesaGunnarson

Postby JohannesaGunnarson » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:39 pm

I don't want to leave the forum empty for too long, so here is a quick picture-update ;)

I also want to wish Olle a great factory tour this Sunday, you deserve to see the real thing after all this work :D

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:14 pm

Looks awesome! :D cannot wait to see the whole car in that finish!

KevinMar

Postby KevinMar » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:15 pm

Wow, that finish looks incredible!

JohannesaGunnarson

Postby JohannesaGunnarson » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:13 pm

Things are coming together (almost). After a lot of more hours, I have now painted all of the main parts, and the car is partially assembled with the body panels test fitted.

Unfortunately, things happen when you paint PLA plastic. While assembling I noticed that the whole rear hood is badly warped. The sides are "pushed" outwards and it doesn't fit. I will try to bend it back with heat, but I'm sceptical that will work, so I will probably have to redo the entire rear hood :o

But everything else seems to fit quite nicely :D Some sanding might be needed but that is to be expected when I've added this much body filler. I think that the panels weigh double after filler and paint compared to before :lol:

If you wonder how I made the stripes, they are fake gold leaf (which looks the same as the real thing ;)) It comes in thin sheets, and the application process is quite fiddly.

I used the same method for lining up the stripes with each other as on the real car. Before painting, the panels are test fitted with each other to make sure that the painted sections match with each other.

Please note that the panels are only loosely fitted in these pictures (no screws or glue). So after the final assembly, the gaps will be smaller and things will fit together better :) Also, none of the vents, lights etc. is fitted yet.

I am also working on a few "extra features" that I am drawing in CAD and add to my car. I will share the files when my car is finished :)

The paint looks much better IRL than in photos. But you can see some of it in this picture:

KevinMar

Postby KevinMar » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:39 am

Wow! That looks incredible!
Can't wait to see the final product

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:49 am

That looks fantastic!

Interesting (and of course extremely annoying) with the warping. What paint did you use and was it warped by the time the paint had dryed? usually it is very temperature sensitive so I'm wondering if it got a bit hot during curing of some sort? or maybe it's just that the paint have contracted when drying? This is very valuable feedback.

Did you use plastic primer before you applied the paint?

JohannesaGunnarson

Postby JohannesaGunnarson » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:58 pm

admin wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:49 am
That looks fantastic!

Interesting (and of course extremely annoying) with the warping. What paint did you use and was it warped by the time the paint had dryed? usually it is very temperature sensitive so I'm wondering if it got a bit hot during curing of some sort? or maybe it's just that the paint have contracted when drying? This is very valuable feedback.

Did you use plastic primer before you applied the paint?
The warping is very strange to me. None of the other parts had the same issue. It could be that the rear hood is large and thin. Plus that this was the first panel I did just to test my techniques, so this one has more layers of filler on it. It probably has 10 layers ( :lol: ) of spray filler and 5 more layers of paint and 2 layers of clear coat on it.
I didn't notice the warping until assembly so it is hard to say when it happened. It could be the paint contracting as you say, or that the plastic gets affected by the solvents in the paint. The panel has not been exposed to heat.
I think that I used plastic primer on this panel, but some panels are without. To be honest I have not noticed any difference with or without. The spray filler has good adhesion to the plastic anyway :)

I couldn't bend it back with heat without paint cracking, so I have already printed out a new rear hood with PLA. I will monitor the painting process this time and hope that I don't have the same issue again ;)

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:32 am

Ok, might be an interesting experiment to just print a flat thin plate of 1mm thickness and paint one side to see what happens. :)

Anyway, fantastic look on that color! I might need to force myself to build anther one to paint, my first one should probably remain the Josef Prusa signature model. :D

I was kind of hoping to get some 3-views or something of the Jesko, but I guess there aren't much official material like that around yet! Maybe I should make a Regera?

JohannesaGunnarson

Postby JohannesaGunnarson » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:22 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:32 am
Ok, might be an interesting experiment to just print a flat thin plate of 1mm thickness and paint one side to see what happens. :)

Anyway, fantastic look on that color! I might need to force myself to build anther one to paint, my first one should probably remain the Josef Prusa signature model. :D

I was kind of hoping to get some 3-views or something of the Jesko, but I guess there isn't much official material like that around yet! Maybe I should make a Regera?
I will see what happens with the rear hood this time, then maybe do more investigation :)

It's more work than I thought to get a good result with painting, I've probably spent 50 hours so far ;) But the results are rewarding.

We are working on getting drawings of the Jesko for you :) Kristian will speak to a designer and ask him if we can get a 3-view drawing.

I actually searched right now on google and was surprised when I found this. https://www.the-blueprints.com/vectordr ... egg_jesko/

I don't know how they got their hands on drawings like this or what they are based on, but it looks accurate at first glance. Is this something you could work with? Is there any specific view that we should try to get? We can hopefully still get more detailed drawings than this anyway :D

Also, is there a way that you can change the name of my thread as Admin? I can't do it. I would want it to be "RSR-build" instead of "RSR bygge" ;)